Sunday, February 26, 2012

Here we go!

I have been contemplating starting a blog for ages.  I finally decided it is time.

To begin:  I am a recovering fat girl.  Just over a year ago I weighed 315 pounds.  By the grace of modern medicine and excellent insurance coverage, I was able to have a vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG) in April 2011.   Since then, I have lost 165 pounds, dozens of inches, and all a large amount of my emotional baggage.  I have gained a smile, confidence, an opinion that I'm not afraid to share, and a pretty healthy addiction to working out.  I'm now in my next phase of my journey...transitioning to a "real food" diet.  

                     Me: December 2010

                                                             Me: February 2012

I'm going to share my stories of transition, motherhood, love, loss, heartbreak, mental illness, religion, diet, fitness and most of all, my journey of learning about who I really am.

Thank you for joining me in my journey...and for those who have already been on this crazy train of mine...thanks for hanging on. 

4 comments: